Blueberry Pancakes 2 Ways (with Oats and Chia Seeds)
200g of self raising-flour or oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
200ml milk or coconut milk
100g of greek or coconut yogurt
a knob butter or a teaspoon of coconut oil
a pich of salt
150g of blueberries
1 tsp of chia seeds (optional)
butter or coconut oil for cooking
maple syrup or agave syrup
1. Mix together 200g of self-raising flour or oat flour, 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
2. Beat 1 egg with 200ml milk or coconut milk and a 100g yogurt or coconut yogurt.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients to make a thick and smooth batter.
4. Whisk in a knob of melted butter or coconut oil, stir in a 100g of blueberries and chia seeds (optional).
5. Heat a small knob of butter or a tsp of coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
6. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes.
7. Cook for about 3-4 minutes over a medium-low heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
8.Serve with maple or agave syrup and the remaining 50g of blueberries
TIP: The yogurt will give a mellow tartness to the pancakes and make them very light and fluffy. An easy trick to add great depth of flavour.