350g digestive biscuits
125g unsalted butter
500g of mascarpone cheese (or regular cream cheese)
250ml of double cream
75g icing sugar
The zestof 1/2 and juice of 3/4 of a lemon
1 tsp good quality Madagascan vanilla extract or the seeds of 2 vanilla pods
125g of strawberries cut into quarters
75g of raspberries
75g of blueberries
1. Blitz your biscuits in a food processor and mix in the melted butter. Press down firmly into the bottom of a 10-inch deep cake tin.
2. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
1. Add your mascarpone (or regular cream cheese), 65g of icing sugar, the juice and zest of ½ a lemon and vanilla and whisk till smooth and creamy.
2. Separately whisk the double cream till it forms soft peaks. Mix 1/3 of the whipped cream into the macarpone (or cream cheese) mixture to make it lighter, then very gently fold in the remaining cream.
3. Add onto your biscuit base and smooth it over. Chill in the fridge for 6-7 hours, or preferably overnight.
4. To decorate cut the strawberries in quarters, add the raspberries, blueberries and a few drops of lemon juice and the remaining icing sugar. Leave to macerate for 30mins in the fridge.
5. Top the set cheesecake with the macerated berries before serving.