ORANGE AND CHOCOLATE CRACKLING BONFIRE POTS
300g of good quality dark chocolate
300ml of double cream
2 tbsp of orange or lemon flavoured popping candy
The zest of two oranges
2 rounds of orange cut with the skin on for decoration
3 free range egg whites
150g of castor sugar
The chocolate pots
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Heat some cream till it is still below boiling point and pour on top of the chocolate and stir together till the chocolate melts and is well mixed into the cream.
3. When slightly cool but still runny add in the popping candy and the orange zest.
4. Hold a round slice orange hold it firmly against the wall of the serving glass and pour in the chocolate mix. Leave in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight to set.
1. Using an electric hand whisk, whisk the whites until soft peaks form.
2. Add one tablespoon of the sugar to the egg whites and continue to whisk until the egg whites become stiff. Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until it has all been used, and the meringue is thick and glossy.
Bringing it together
1. Spoon the meringue over the chocolate pots and use a blowtorch to caramelise bits from the top.