Chilli and Garlic Prawns
500g of king prawns, deveined but shell on.
2 tbsp of dried chilli flakes or 4-5 fresh red chillies finely chopped (the chilli flakes work better)
1/2 a cup of water
a whole bulb of garlic, peeled and finely chopped.
1/2 cup of finely sliced green onions
the juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp of ground nut oil
2-3 cups of vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Chop the garlic, slice the green onion and juice the lemon. Keep all to a side.
2. Soak the chilli flakes in 1/2 a cup of warm water for 30 mins. Drain and keep to a side.
3. Heat the vegetable oil or medium-high heat and flash fry the king prawn in batches till they turn a coral red. Drain onto a kitchen towel.
4. Heat the ground nut oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and fry till a light golden brown.
5. Add the prawns and cook for 1 min then add the chilli flakes and spring onion. Mix and cook for 1 more minute.
6. Add the lemon juice, mix and sizzle for 30 seconds. Take off the heat and serve.